Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Is there too much going on here???


Wow, another hot, hot, hot day. I actually cranked up the air conditioning and spent the afternoon inside my little tin box (trailer) and made some cards. The cards were inspired by Shari Winterstein, and the box was made by following this VIDEO! Once I had everything punched out, I wonder if there isn't too much Poppy Parade? This is just my first stab at this project, and I may use softer colours next time.

The box is so easy, and uses just one piece of paper. I was able to get 6 cards, with layers inside. I think these will make nice little gifts to have on hand.

It is getting a little cooler now, so before I put the finishing touches on the cards, I actually headed to the beach. Watching the sunset after a hot, humid day, is the perfect ending to a hot day!

If it is as hot tomorrow as today, I think I may stay inside and play again!!!

Thanks for waiting for me...I went to the beach from 530-730...fantastic way to end the day!

1 comment:

Barb said...

I like the card layout but I do think the red might be too harsh - a softer shade would probably look better :)
Red and white are pretty bold -- just my humble opinon -LOL