Sunday, October 17, 2010

Wonderful Weekend.








WOW..what a fantastic weekend. Yesterday I was at Cropalooza from 9-almost midnight, creating and stamping with a roomful of creative Women. So much fun and so much accomplished. Over the next week I will share what I got done.

Today we honoured my niece Kaitlan with a Bridal Tea shower. There were 100 ladies sharing tiny sandwiches, and their favourite tea. Everyone brought their own teacup and shared stories of why it held special meaning. We really are so blessed to have such great family and friends, as Kaitlan was showered with very generous gifts.

The project I am showing you today is how to use the Big Shot to make a fabric covered star. For this example I used some of the Candy Cane fabric from the winter mini. This is my first stab at a tutorial...please let me know if you have any questions or need clarification.

Step 1. Measure off and rip a 3" strip off the longest edge of your material. Then cut that strip into 5" lengths.
Step 2. Using a piece of chipboard (I use the white backing paper from our designer series paper)cut into 3 x 5" pieces.
Step 3. Using a glue stick...yep, that is correct, a glue stick, attach the fabric to the chipboard.
Step 4. Run each piece through the big shot, using the star die. Make sure your fabric is up!
Step 5. Using Tombo glue, attach each petal of the star together. As you can see in the pictures, I use office clips to keep them together while the glue sets...this is a very quick process. Leave the clips on while you decide how to embellish your star, by that time it will be dry.

These are great as a tree topper, or wouldn't they be cute with a letter in the centre spelling out a child's name. Your imagination is your only limit.

Please let me know if you make one of these stars. Also, let me know if you need to order a Big Shot and this die!!!

1 comment:

Alesha Walls said...

Thanks for the tutorial! I just loved these at the Demo meeting - they were beautiful!

Alesha
http://aleshawalls.blogspot.com