Sunday, October 24, 2010
Geting ready for Halloween
Get ready to say BOO! Here is a fun little card...and no stamping...ink up your brayer, get out your punches, and let your imagination go wild.
Ghost is made with the owl punch, just cut off the little legs. Pumpkin is made from the large oval punch. By using different sizes of oval punches, you can vary the size of your pumpkins. I like to distress the edges with a little ink.
I started out with a brayered background but you could easily sponge if you use a light hand & rubbing or washing with your sponge instead of dabbing.
1. Brayer apricot appeal classic ink onto Whisper White card stock (4" X 5 1/4") from the top right corner down into the cs.
2. Place a 2 1/2" circle mask (sticky note punched) over the area brayered with Pumpkin ink.
3. Brayer marina mist ink over the mask from the top edge of the WW card stock down.
4. Brayer (or sponge) old olive from the bottom edge of the WW card stock.
5. Sponge on a bit of Baja Breeze ink between the Concord Crush & Garden Green inked areas to blend.
6. The base of the card has a hand-cut curved hill from Black card stock.