Tuesday, July 27, 2010
A great "GO-TO" design
What a fabulous day! Once again I am enjoying the sunshine at Sauble Beach. This week I brought limited supplies as I want to showcase what you can do with some designer paper, a sentiment stamp and a punch.
This design is what I would call a “go-to” card. I totally cased the dimensions and instructions from Andrea Walford. She is one talented lady. I substituted the dsp and added a punched flower, otherwise it is a total copy of her card you can see HERE.
• Very Vanilla card
• Centre and stick a 3 3/4″ x 3″ piece of the Newsprint DSP along the top of a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Cherry Cobbler CS.
• Centre and stick a 2″ x 3 3/4″ piece of Very Vanilla CS along the bottom of the 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Early Espresso CS. The Very Vanilla CS will overlap the DP.
• Lay a 5″ piece of Black Satin Ribbon across the seam between the Very Vanilla CS and the DP. Bring the ends of the ribbon around to the back of the CS and stick them down with SNAIL adhesive.
• Centre and stick the matted DP to the Very Vanilla card front with SNAIL adhesive.
• Stamp the greeting from the Sincere Salutations stamp set in Cherry Cobbler Classic ink onto the Very Vanilla CS, towards the left side of the CS. Use a Stamp-a-ma-jig if necessary.
• Punch out one black scallop circle, and cut between each petal. Then punch out 3 Cherry Cobbler scallop circles. Scrunch them up, and attach to the black base. Add a little bling, and there you have it.
Thanks for stopping by...I will be back tomorrow with the details of my next class...this is one you won't want to miss!!!