Friday, July 9, 2010

Elements of Style Toile


Good Morning Friends, finally some relief from the heat wave we have had here. A gentle, much needed rain is falling, making for a lovely day! We are traveling this weekend to see my niece and her hubby and attending a huge cattle sale. They have a beautiful farm at Belleville, and tonight and this weekend are hosting their friends and business associates for a Jersey Sale. My Mom and Dad are going with us, so it will make for a nice little family reunion.

I have to say, this is one of my all time favourite cards I have made. Totally copied from a number of sources on the net, and it really looks like toile fabric. The image is stamped with regular ink, then I used the blender pen to pull the colour through the image. I make a beautiful soft effect. The base image is done the same way, however, I ran it through the textured embossing folder from the mini. The colour combo is crumb cake and rich razzleberry. Give this technique a try, use other colours, I have one almost done using black, and WOW, is it elegant.

Enjoy your weekend, I know I will...and make sure you take some time out for yourself to create.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I can see why that card is your most favorite ...it's beautifu :)