Sunday, May 16, 2010

Tip for Tuesday


Good Morning Stamping Friends. Have you seen the stencils that Stampin Up sells? Let me show and tell you how much fun they are. I demo'd these cards on Saturday at our Spring Event. The card on the left is embossed with clear embossing powdered, then I smootched on some ink. Give the edges a little rip, add more ink, distress it up, add some stamping and bob's your uncle...a really pretty card. This was totally cased from Tami White. When I went to demo this card, I realized I had left my versamark pad at home. Not to worry...just change up the plan. I just took my sponges and sponged the colours onto the stencil. This gives a lovely vintage look. The butterflies are from the embosslit die.

If you haven't tried stenciling, I highly recommend it. Lots of fun and a very unique way to add some pop to your cards or to a scrapbook page.

My tip: use a bit of dotto adhesive to attach your stencil to your project...the dotto is not permanent and will peal right off the stencil as well as the project. The clean your stencil give it a spray with your stamp cleaner, and use a soft paper towel to clean it up.

Have fun, and be sure to let me know if you try this technique out!

No comments: