Sunday, May 16, 2010

Off to the rhubarb patch, but first...


Good Sunday Morning Stamping Friends. I only have a minute, as I am headed to the rhubarb patch to pick another truckload of rhubarb. Yesterday was a super fun day. Along with 50 other creative and fun women, I participated in an all day creative meeting. This is hosted by my upline Alicia, and her and her crew did an amazing job. Such great value too...4 make and takes, including a stampset and one of the new albums from the mini, all the supplies to complete the projects. There were 12 demo theatre presentations (I did 2..will show those later this week) lunch, and tons of door prizes. I was very lucky and won a big shot die as well as a roll of ribbon...so fun.

I also came home with 7 fabulous ideas for 3-d projects. Pictured here is the cake slice box I did with the butterfly punch pansy on top. Let me know if you would like the pattern. This is another perk of being a demo, on the Stampin Up demo site there are hundreds of free templates. Right now these cake boxes are really popular, and you can pay around $5.00 for the template. I can send you one for free that has 3 different sizes, so you can make a layer cake if you like. Just print them off on your paper (here I used whisper white), cut them out, while watching a show on tv, then score and pop them together. I used Tombo glue to assemble my boxes.

It is a fantastic morning here in Ontario. The sun is shining, the birds are up and I am off to chop rhubarb and peppers in preparation for our salsa weekend.

This weekend has been a bit stressful, and I am reminded that prayers can be answered. On Friday our youngest daughter was struck by a car. Luckily she is fine, just bruised and sore. Last night at 10:30 I got a call and the young man said "Hi Mrs Wheeler, I am one of Meaghan's friend she is staying with, and I just want you to know we are at the hospital (IN OHIO) but she is ok!"...the second time in 2 days that my heart has now stopped! Long story short, she was riding a homemade zip line, and the knot came untied, and she fell on her back from about 8 feet. She does have 2 cracked vertebra, but like her sister, she will be fine too. She thinks she will be able to drive home, however, we may need to meet her and get her and the car home. She was at a youth camp preparing for an upcoming conference. I made need to take a day tomorrow to recuperate from all this myself!!!

Thessalonians 5:18

Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

1 comment:

Lisa Burns said...

OH MY GOODNESS Rebecca! This is just unbelievable really!! What a blessing that both girls are ok!! Thinkin' about you guys and praying for speedy recoveries!!