Sunday, December 14, 2008

Mr and Mrs Santa Claus


Good Sunday Morning my friends. I am sorry that I have been away for so long. As I mentioned in my last post, this flu bug was terrible. Once I got home from work it was crash time, not stamping time. However, I think it is finally licked, and I spent yesterday in my craft room doing some catch-up.

These are little treat holders, and really simple to make. The idea came from Ruth's blog...great ideas and I encourage you to check her out!

Directions for Mr Claus
1.4x4 cardstock, scored all around at 1". Fold up into a little box..if you need more specific instructions, just let me know.You will need 2 of these for Mr, and 1 for Mrs Claus.
2. 2 pieces of 4 x 8.5 cardstock. Attach a piece of sticky strip along one bottom and one short side of this. You want to make sure your seam is in the back..."walk" your paper around the box you created to make his pants.
3. For the white trim I took a piece of whisper white, 8.5 x 3.4 and used my scallop edge punch to create his trim.
4. His Black trim is a piece of basic black, 1 x 8.5. For both the white and black,I used Mono adhesive.
5. For his buckle I used the tab punch and a piece of brushed gold.
6. His suspenders are 1 x 8.5

Mrs Claus
1. Box bottom as above.
2. For her dress, in this pic I used a piece 4 x 8.5, but for my next one, I will increase this to 6 x 8.5.
3. Scallop punch and the 3 for you punch complete her outfit.

Check out Ruth's site for more details, or drop me a line if you need help. For my Yorkview Ladies..this is what we are making on Wed night..I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

StampinCathy said...

This is just adorable. Thanks so much for the info on how to make these. I might just have to try this.