Thursday, September 2, 2010

A bird in the hand.....


Well, my plans today were to play with the owl punch...I got some vests punched, some eyes punched...but I just didn't get to the bodies...maybe tomorrow. This is the best part of vacation...deciding what NOT to do!!!!

Anyway, I have been wanting to make these little birds ever since I saw them in the catalogue. Thanks to Gretchen Barron, who created a great tutorial and the templates to make these birds. Now, Gretchen used sticky strip, but I used Tombow multi glue...love that stuff....and it enables you to move the pieces around to make sure they are positioned just right. The birds are a little finicky, but well worth it. By adjusting the size of the template you can create a whole flock if you like. Wouldn't they be beautiful done in Christmas colours, with glitter and ribbon?

Be sure to read the directions...and remember to reverse one of the birds so that get the pattern facing the right direction when you put the birds together...ask me how I figured that one out! DUH!

No comments: