Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday's Featured Card


Here is a little challenge for you,along with a tip on layering. When I first started making cards one of the biggest challenges for me was getting my layers right! So, here is my method. I use the 1/4 inch rule. I usually stamp my focal point, then add a matte 1/4 inch bigger, and so on! Play with the rule...a black border that is only 1/8" bigger adds some drama...

My best method...and here is the real secret..play the weekly sketch challenge over on splitcoast, or do Beate's Friday sketch..they both offer great designs...and best of all suggested measurements!

This card was for a weekly sketch challenge (I am sorry I don't remember which one). Use it as your inspiration, make your own card...then link it back to my blog. Just add a comment with the link to where you post it...either your blog, or splitcoast...doesn't matter...I just want to see what everyone else comes up with.

I am leaving for the beach...one last weekend before we close the trailer. Right now the sun is shining..although it is quite cool here in Southwestern Ontario. This weekend is very special as my hubby and I are celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary on Monday. He is a great husband, a devoted Dad, an all round good guy...I am lucky to have him!

Have a wonderful weekend...share your designs...and make sure, in my honour...YOU KISS THE ONE(s) YOU LOVE THE MOST!

No comments: