Friday, June 3, 2011

A little project...great for Dad!





hello Stamping Friends...I made this little album a while ago, but couldn't remember where I found the directions...until today. You can click HERE and see how Robin decorated hers.

This comes together very quickly and would make a great little scrapbook for anyone...including Dad!

Directions:
The cover is a piece of 6" x 12" cardstock scored at 5 7/8" and again at 6 1/8". This creates the spine of the album.

The DSP on the spine is cut at 3" x 6" and is scored at 1 3/8" and again at 1 5/8".

The inside cardstock "pages" are one piece of 10" x 10" cardstock. It's scored at 5", then turned and scored again at 5" so you have 4 sections.
Next, you cut one of the score lines up to the middle of the cardstock. This cut allows you to fold your album pages.
Important - one thing that I do differently is after I make that cut, I leave the cardstock in the cutter, but shift it over about 1/16" and make another cut back out to the edge alongside the first one. It cuts out a tiny sliver of cardstock and makes your pages much easier to fold up.

I decorate all my "pages" before adhering it to the decorated album cover, it's much easier to handle this wey. All my DSP panels are cut at 4 3/4" square and I add embellishments of paper strips, ribbon, etc. on top of them after adhering them to the pages.

No comments: