Friday, May 13, 2011

Strength and Hope



Best intentions to blog more often, no excuses, I just haven't gotten to it. However, I hope you will feel this is worth the wait. This is what I demo'd the other evening to other local demonstrators...and it was a hit!

The flying butterflies inside add a nice surprise to whoever opens this card. To make this I started with the standard half sheet of card stock. HOWEVER, it is all in the scoring. Score in from both sides at 4 1/8" that will create a nice spine so your card lays flat and when opened, the butterflies flutter! Using the butterfly big shot die, I cut 4 butterflies, sponged the edges, folded in half then glued them together. The tombo multi glue works like a charm for this. I then added glue along the fold lines and attached them to the spine of the card. You could use any shape, punched or die cut to get the same effect. Wouldn't hearts be cute, or circles to make a snowman???

The stampset is Hope and Strength and as I mentioned before $2.00 from each set will be donated to fight Breast Cancer.

Thanks for stopping by, I will be back later this weekend as I am spending all day tomorrow with my scrappin friends!!

No comments: