Sunday, October 18, 2009

Crop-a-Looza


I have heard about these all weekend long crop fests, and have to admit, never really contemplated attending. However, my friend Karen asked if I would like to be a vendor at their retreat at beautiful Elmhurst. Let's just say...I am so glad I went....I had a wonderful time. Karen and Lisa had everything so well organized, the venue was beautiful and I got to play and stamp with alot of new stamping friends.

If you get a chance to go to an event like this...here are some tips from me to you!
* plan your projects, I had a list of what I needed and wanted to accomplish and I am so glad I planned ahead.
* take your camara...there were so many lovely projects and designs techniques (insert sad face, I forgot my camara!)
* Use ziplock bags to plan your pages or cards, and make a list of all the supplies you need. (that way you won't take 20 ink pads, and only use 6, voice of experience)
* Be open to sharing your stuff...the simple gesture of leaving my punches out, was so appreciated.
* Have fun..I sure did, and as soon as the next date is set, I will let you know. Nilestown will be the next venue, 2 days in April, not overnight.

The cards pictured were made using some left over designer paper. The DSP was cut at 3 x 4.25, and the matte is cut at 4.25 x 3.5.

Great way to use up some DSP for fast and easy card giving.

1 comment:

Karen said...

This is some great advise! I'm gearing up for a weekend crop in two weeks and I would never have thought of some of these ideas. Your advise is much appreciated!